toptable.co.uk is the consumer website of OpenTable, the leading provider of real-time reservation and customer relationship solutions for restaurants around the world. Our goal at OpenTable is to provide the best hospitality solution to our diners and restaurants and to continue achieving this goal, we are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative people in every department. We want everyone to be a contributor to the success of the company and in return we offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity in the company.
If we have open positions, they will be show below, but we also welcome pro-active applications, even if your field of expertise is currently not on this site. Just ping our Recruiter Yana Arif your updated CV, if you are passionate about working for OpenTable. If you would just like to stay up to date with new positions coming up, simply follow us on twitter via @toptablejobs.
Meet the team
Restaurant Operations Specialist (London (with up to 75% travel))
Reporting to the Senior Field Operations Manager the Restaurant Operations Consultant will be responsible for customising and installing the OpenTable system for our Restaurants. S/he will also be responsible for the training of restaurant staff on our system and regular follow-up visits after installation.
This role requires up to 75% travel to restaurant sites also covering Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester areas and occasionally travelling to corporate headquarters in London (expensed). It also requires flexibility in regards to working hours (Mon-Fri).
Comprehensive training will be provided.
- Perform all services for the installation of the OpenTable system at the restaurant (averaging 3 sites per week)
- Customising the product according to the individual needs of the restaurant
- Provide initial and follow-up training to restaurant staff on the use of the OpenTable system
- Assist restaurants management with the configuration of the OpenTable system to optimise reservation flow
- Assist restaurants with getting their OpenTable system connected to the Internet
- Provide feedback to Product Management for product enhancements
- Complete detailed report templates on the installation for Technical Support staff at OpenTable
- Several years of Front of House restaurant experience is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows networks, Printers, TCP/IP, and DSL
- Excellent organizational and planning skills: task prioritization, effective time management
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Confident in the delivery of training and speaking in front of groups
- Experience training non-technical customers on the use of software
- Ability to understand issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Comfortable working independently under limited supervision in an unstructured environment
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to incur reimbursable business expenses
- Good German language skills will be very advantageous
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- OpenTable software experience a plus
Please submit resume to:
(Attn: Yana Arif)
To apply, click here.
Agile C# Developer (London/ UK)
Are you passionate about software craftsmanship? Are you a practicing Agile C# developer, driven to push yourself to the highest limits using new and innovative tools and techniques? Are you a team player, eager to learn and share knowledge within a collaborative and highly technical environment?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above questions, then toptable.co.uk is the company for you. We’re an award winning, leading e-commerce website receiving over one million visitors per month and handling 14,000 restaurant reservations per day and we’re looking for the most talented people to join our software development team.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, you will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated C# developer responsible for the maintenance of our existing website as well as implementing new requirements from our fast moving business teams. You will become a key member of a team embracing change and will learn all there is to know about Agile software development patterns and practices.
- Highly experienced in creating well separated object oriented, domain driven software
- Well versed in SOA technologies including XML, WCF and REST web services
- Strong SQL server 2005 and T-SQL skills
- Good experience of the Agile software development life cycle including iterations, planning meetings, user stories, acceptance criteria and retrospectives
- Some experience of unit testing techniques e.g. NUnit, TDD, BDD and mocking frameworks
- A team player, able to communicate with business owners, program managers, QA and most importantly pair program with other developers
- An enthusiasm for learning – reading cutting edge technical books and blogs and regularly attending technical conferences
- Web design patterns – MVC, MVP, ASP.Net MVC
- IoC Containers – Castle Windsor, StructureMap, Spring.Net
- Acceptance testing concepts and tools – Cucumber, SpecFlow etc
- Continuous integration and build scripts – TeamCity, MSBuild, Psake etc
- Lean methodologies – Kanban
Please submit resume to:
(Attn: Yana Arif)